Before or at the time of collecting personal information, NationGist will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
- NationGist will collect and use personal information collected solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- NationGist will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes earlier stated. NationGist will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- NationGist will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- NationGist will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- NationGist is committed to conducting its business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
HOW DOESCOLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- By asking you to provide it in the course of using the website.
- NationGist may obtain your information from other companies who’ve obtained your permission to share information about you.
- NationGist may collect your information by using cookies stored on your device about your use of its website and/or third-party websites.
- Your IP addresses
You should be aware that when you use our website, mobile site, or mobile app, we may collect information by using ‘cookies’.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites. There are many different uses for cookies, but Concise News basically uses its cookies to provide the service you have asked for.
These cookies are essential so you can move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you’ve asked for can’t be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
NationGist is based in Nigeria, and, regardless of where you use our services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on our servers we manage.
Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with Nigerian privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the Nigeria.